This season I danced in three professional productions and one university production including a touring Nutcracker (ok, granted it was one-city, three-shows, but still... a tour!) and a Harrison McEldowney work back in October. I also did Aspen Santa Fe Ballet's Nutcracker earlier in December, danced in Giselle in November. In less than two weeks I begin rehearsals for two original works, Tango Café (ballet) and an untitled work of student choreography involving a more jazz influenced ballet style,.
I haven't actually performed in this many shows in one season before and the season isn't over yet. Hopefully there is A Midsummer Night's Dream in my future in May.
At my age, I know am not going to be Sugar Plum or Giselle or Titania (yet!), but every production I am in, I give my best to dance completely in the moment. For me though, even more important than performing is perfecting my technique.
Christmas break is going to be over soon. I am grateful that if there is anything to worry about, it is that there are almost too many opportunities right now. It may not always be that way, so I will never complain. :) Happy new year's eve!
Friday, December 31, 2010
happy MXXI eve
What an amazing year....
although it doesn't look like it here...
...it really was!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Wow! What a year you've had... Sounds like you're well on your way to becoming a fully fledged pro (and I'm quite envious but totally in awe!)
ReplyDeleteHappy new year, Madeline, I hope 2011 brings you many more wonderful dance experiences. Keep blogging, I love to read about how you're doing.
ahh... thank you, Hannah! Wishing you a great new year filled with joy and blessings and lots and lots of dancing too. :)
ReplyDelete