Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Bridal Fair



This marks my first time on stage in 2011...and it wasn't a ballet! I got to be a junior bridesmaid in a Bridal Fashion show at a huge convention center.

Of course my big hair and I had rehearsal immediately after this. It was just a half-hour of me cleaning up my  Paquita Variation 4 with Ms. Susan. Can you picture me in a leo, tights and pointe shoes with the giant hairdo? Wish I had a video of that. :)

3 comments:

  1. OOh - how exciting, I'm in a fashion show in a couple of weeks time. I'm in the petite section though! I'm certainly not model proportions.

    Ages ago you asked me how I prepared my pointe shoes, I finally got round to writing a post about it - let me know what you think (and how you prepare yours too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay Hannah!! What show will you be in? You must be tiny. I am wearing 4-inch heels to make me look tall enough. The short blond boy next to me also makes me look tall. Haha!

    And I am going to go look at your page and see what you wrote about shoes. I can't look at a pair of pointe shoes without wanting to bend and break and pull nails out of them. :) I will write up something better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! It's just a 'Wellness of Women' charity fashion show my dance teacher is organising. I am having my arm slightly twisted as it's on my birthday (Feb 5th!) but it should be fun. I'm only just 5'3 so I'm rather short - in fact my ballet class has suddenly grown in size and now I really feel like a midget since everyone's 5'6 plus :-( or so it feels.

    Thanks for your comment. My pointes are grishko 2007s (medium shank 4 1/2 xxx's!) and I do love them for being pretty. What do you wear? I know you said you wore Gaynors for a short while - what did you think? I'm desperate to try a pair!

    PS when you write about your pointe shoes will you explain how and why you pull out the nails in the shank. The only time I've done this is when I've completely de-shanked my shoe. How does it work otherwise?

    ReplyDelete

 
© Copyright Ballet Madeline 2010. All rights reserved

Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker